Second Dimension unofficially started in January of 2011 under the moniker Airwalk Studios. In February of 2011, Hangman SG, the first title created by Airwalk Studios, was released. The initial run sold close to 100 copies and was met with much criticism. That didn't prevent offers for contract work from coming in, though. Over the course of the next 3 years, Airwalk Studios went on to develop 4 brand new titles commissioned by other companies.
In 2015, things changed. Airwalk Studios changed names to Second Dimension Research & Technology Group, LLC.
Since the release of Hangman SG in 2011, Second Dimension has increased their product line and accomplishments from a single game to the following:
- 7 NES Titles (Get'em Gary, NES Virus Cleaner, Beer Slinger, Perfect Pair, Blow'em Out, AO, Family Picross)
- 4 Sega Genesis Titles (Hangman SG, Handy Harvy, Blow'em Out, The Curse of Illmoore Bay)
- 2 Super Nintendo Titles (Blow'em Out, Socks the Cat)
- 2 PC Releases (Get'em Gary on Itch.io and Steam, Second Dimension RetroPak Vol 1. on Steam)
- PCB's (NES NROM, SNES lo-ROM, Sega Genesis SRAM, Sega Genesis non-SRAM, Sega 32x SRAM/non-SRAM combo)
- Custom Cardboard Boxes (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega 32x)
- Published 2 Sega Genesis Titles for other developers (Bomb on Basic City, Kromasphere)
...with more on the way!